CommVault: Install the 64-bit Exchange Agents for Exchange Server 2013
Install the 64-bit Exchange Agents for Exchange Server 2013
Follow the steps given below to install the 64-bit Exchange Agents on Exchange Server 2013.
PREREQUISITESFollow the steps given below to create bEmulateThirdPartyApps registry key before installing the agent:
Note: Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require a reinstall of the operating system. Microsoft does not guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. You must also understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs.
1. Open Registry Editor and create the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\GalaxyInstallerFlags
2. Create the following DWORD registry key and assign 1 as the value: bEmulateThirdPartyApps
3. Close the Registry Editor.
I had to install ASP.Net 3.5 in the Server Manager as well. (Server Manager-->IIS-->Add/Remove Roles-->Web Server (IIS)-->Application Development-->ASP.Net)
INSTALL PROCEDURE1. Log on to the computer using an account with the following privileges:
• Administrator of the local computer
• Administrator of the Exchange Server
2. Run Setup.exe from the Software Installation Package.
3. Select the required language. Click Next.
4. Select the option to Install Software on this 64-bit computer.
5. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement. Click Next.
6. Select Configure the Physical Server. Click Next.
7. Expand Client Modules | Backup & Recovery | Exchange, and select Exchange Database iDataAgent Note: The following will be installed automatically when selecting the Exchange iDataAgent: Simpa -->Client Modules-->Backup & Recovery-->File System-->Windows File System iData Agent
8. If this computer and the CommServe is separated by a firewall, select the Configure firewall services option and then click Next. If firewall configuration is not required, click Next. Note: The install does not need this checked
9. Enter the fully qualified domain name of the CommServe Host Name. Click Next.
10. Click Next at the installer.
11. Select Add programs to the Windows Firewall Exclusion List, to add CommCell programs and services to the Windows Firewall Exclusion List. Click Next.
12. Verify the default location for software installation. Click Browse to change the default location. Click Next.
• Do not install the software to a mapped network drive.
• Do not use the following characters when specifying the destination path: / : * ? " < > | #
(It is recommended that you use alphanumeric characters only)
13. Select a Client Group from the list. Click Next. Note: This screen will be displayed if Client Groups are configured in the CommCell Console.
14. See Note and Click Next. Note: I unchecked the automatic updates and clicked next.
15. Select a Storage Policy. Click Next. Note: The Storage Policy is: Exchange_Databases
CONFIGURE EXCHANGE DATABASE SPECIFIC INFORMATION16. Select the backup type for Exchange Database backups. Choose Incremental from the two options, then click Next.
• Incremental - Committed transaction logs are purged.
17. Enter the user credentials to access the Exchange Server to perform the backup operation.
18. Click Next at the summary page on the installer.
19. The install program displays a reminder to verify that Circular Logging is disabled before performing any database backup operations. To verify that Circular Logging is disabled:
• From Exchange System Manager, navigate to and expand the server that the Database iDataAgent is being installed on.
• Verify that the Circular Logging check box has not been selected. Click OK.
20. Click Next at the summary page on the installer.